Thank you to all those the came out for the spring 2018 courses!
Our last open Spring CPO® class will be held:
May 31 – June 1
Location: University of Illinois at Chicago
737 South Halsted
Chicago, IL 60607
Building 630, Conference Room 226
Contact: CPO@tmisaltpure.com for more information or call Cathy at 360-769-2530
CPO® certification courses are designed to provide individuals with the basic knowledge, techniques, and skills of pool and spa operations. The Certified Pool/Spa Operator certification program has delivered more training than any other program in the pool and spa industry since 1972, resulting in more than 375,000 successful CPO® certifications in 93 countries. Many state and local health departments accept the CPO® certification program.
Every member on our TMI team is a Certified Pool Operator®. TMI has been offering CPO® courses since 2002, certifying hundreds of participants over the years. We have two CPO® Instructors on staff and five instructors on our team. Collectively we hold approximately ten CPO® courses per year across four states – Washington, Arizona, Florida and New York.
TMI Sustainable Aquatics (Washington State) Instructors: Timothy Petsch and Cathy Erntson
Pool & Spa Education and Consulting LLC (Arizona) Instructor: Cory Willis – TMI Representative for AZ (Find Cory’s next class here)
American Pool Consultants (New York) Instructor: Paul Blake – TMI Representative for NY (Find Paul’s next class at American Pool Consultants)
Bill Hamilton Associates (Orlando, Florida) Instructor: Bill Hamilton – TMI Representative for FL (Find Bill’s next class at All Aquatics)
Certified Pool Operator® classes cover a wide breadth of information pertinent to all facilities and types of commercial bodies of water. This means the course is beneficial to all pool operators, both industry veterans and those new to pools. Upon successful completion of the course, the participant receives his or her certification from the National Swimming Pool Foundation. The CPO® certification is highly valued in the aquatic industry.
The CPO® certification program requires participation in either a two-day class (14-16 hours) taught by a certified instructor or the blended format that combines the online Pool Operator Primer™ and one day of the Pool Operator Fusion™ class of instruction
Topics and material covered include pool and spa chemistry, testing, treatment, filtration, maintenance, automatic feeding equipment, and government requirements
The CPO® certification program requires an open book written examination and certification is valid for 5 years.
- Proven educational tool
- Widely accepted by local and state authorities
- Covers topics necessary for pool operators including a section for local and state codes
- Comprehensive handbook that is updated regularly
- All courses are taught by NSPF® certified instructors
- The CPO® certification is recognized nationally and internationally
- Gives participants a better understanding of the operator’s role in pool care, management and risk reduction
- The CPO® Certification program is now eligible for IACET Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
- Spanish language books available*
* TMI only teaches the course in English. The request for a Spanish book/test must be made at time of registration and must be made at least 2 weeks before the course date. Other languages are also available. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.